Microsoft 365 Business
On 21st April 2020, Microsoft’s productivity suite changed its branding from Office 365 to Microsoft 365. So, why the name change? Are you getting more (or less!) bang for your buck? Fear not, the decision to rename the suite is simply to be “more reflective of the range of features and benefits in the subscription, to meet the unique needs of individuals and businesses.”
Microsoft 365 business includes everything you have come to know about Office 365 and is designed to help people and businesses achieve more with innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services and world-class security. Previously, it had been reported that some customers had found it challenging to understand the difference between Office and Microsoft products and what plan was best suited to them, so re-launching as Microsoft 365 brings all products under one umbrella. It also neatly aligns them also into three key categories: Home, Business and Enterprise – and, reassuringly for customers, Microsoft 365 pricing and subscriptions will stay the same.
What does Microsoft 365 for business look like now?
Here’s a summary:
- Office 365 Business Essentials is now Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium is now Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Office 365 Business is now Microsoft Business Premium
- Office 365 ProPlus is now Microsoft 365 Apps (for Business or Enterprise)
What are the key features of and how much is a Microsoft 365 subscription for business?
Microsoft 365 Business Basic – this Microsoft 365 subscription is best for businesses that need business email and an easy remote working solution with Microsoft Teams, secure cloud storage, and Office Online (desktop versions not included). Web and mobile versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are included.
Microsoft 365 Business Standard – Best for businesses that need full remote working and collaboration tools, including Microsoft Teams, secure cloud storage, business email and premium Office applications across all devices.
Microsoft 365 Business Premium – Best for businesses that require secure, remote working solutions with everything included in Business Standard, plus advanced cyberthreat protection and device management.
Microsoft 365 Apps – Best for businesses that need Office apps across devices and cloud file storage. Business email and Microsoft Teams not included.
With the Microsoft 365 Standard, Premium and App packages all the usual suspects are included: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher (PC only) and Access (PC Only). So how much is a Microsoft 365 subscription? Check out the full list of tools included in each package and pricing for business.
How microsoft 365 hybrid work facilitate resource sharing?
Working remotely has now become part of normal life and never before has it been so important to arm your employees and business with the best tools to do this efficiently and productively. Employees need to be agile, working wherever and whenever, obtaining access to the emails, files and resources they need as they would in the office – all with the upmost security.
Microsoft 365 empowers hybrid workers to do exactly this. Whether on-site or working from home, Microsoft 365 keeps businesses connected, secure, managed, collaborative and productive – guaranteed!
- Connected – your employees are able to access cloud-based services and data in your Microsoft 365 subscription and organisation resources.
- Secure – sign-ins are secured with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), while the built-in security features of Microsoft 365 and Windows 10 protect against malware, malicious attacks and data loss.
- Managed – hybrid workers devices can be managed from the cloud and security settings, allowed apps and to require compliance with system health.
- Collaborative & Productive – hybrid workers can stay highly collaborative with online meetings and chat sessions with Microsoft Teams, while further benefitting from shared workspaces for cloud-based file storage, with global accessibility and real-time collaboration with SharePoint and OneDrive. Shared tasks and workflows make sure work can be divided up and ensure all tasks are completed.
Microsoft 365 for employees – it ticks the well-being box too!
Did you know Microsoft 365 is set up to ‘care’ for you, too? Fact. As well as the advanced automation features, streamlined security, increased control and device management, Microsoft 365 shows how well employees are disconnecting from work during time off and suggests ways to reduce stress and burnout via its MyAnalytics dashboard!
Which is the best Microsoft 365 package for your business?
To avoid the headache of lengthy research to find out exactly what is the best solution for your organisation, just give our business IT support team of experts a call and we’ll do all the work for you! We will ascertain what will serve you best and be most cost effective, regardless of your business sector or size – Microsoft 365 is set up to help all organisations thrive and evolve!
Brand & Campaign Manager
Sonia Older is the Campaign Manager at Focus Group and a highly experienced copywriter. She boasts over 20 years of experience in content marketing and PR across multiple industries, and is the key driver of content and PR for Focus Group across all UK offices. Away from work, Sonia usually swaps keyboard strokes for ski slopes in the Alps with her family.