North Warwickshire & Hinckley College is one of the largest and most successful further education colleges in the Midlands. It has excellent facilities and strong links with universities and major employers, making it a much sought after place for people to study.
How can we help your business?
Think you could benefit from a consultation on your company’s communication systems? Talk to us today about the latest telephony solutions that could save you money and upgrade your business.
With the College now spread across five campus locations, it was decided that a review of the communications infrastructure should be undertaken. This review revealed the need for a new, modern, and reliable telephony system which could satisfy the demands of this large, multi-centre College.
In order to increase flexibility and reduce costs, the College initially considered replacing their existing ISDN lines with SIP trunks, however they quickly realised that this would mean that all their current telephone systems would require a costly upgrade to make them SIP compatible. Following a consultation with Focus, alternative options were considered.
Excellent company to do business with! Their customer care and service is fantastic! Would highly recommend this company!
Following a comprehensive consultation, the Horizon hosted telephony solution was suggested. The system has numerous features, including flexible usage, management reporting, and integration within the JANET network, which made it the ideal candidate for a facility of this calibre. A test system was installed which allowed the College to quickly realise the full package of benefits of Horizon, not least the cost-saving, flexibility and the automatic feature updates and upgrades which are supplied free of charge.
The installation incorporated new Polycom VVX410 handsets - feature-rich phones with high definition (HD) voice, gigabit switch, plus an intuitive user interface - and a number of Polycom IP5000 conference phones.
One year after the Horizon hosted telephony solution was installed the College noted increased operational efficiency and improved customer service. The financial benefits have also been impressive, in fact the College are projecting the system will help them to realise a £120,000 cost saving over the next 5 years.
In Summary, the Focus Horizon System Offers:
- Significant and ongoing cost savings
- Integration with the JANET network - the private, UK government-funded computer network
- Flexible usage - the College only pays for what it needs; the system can be flexed up and down in terms of size, according to the changing requirements.
- A simple to use and intuitive interconnected telephony solution
- Easy user management and self-install capability
- Inclusive features which include call recording, auto attendant and twinning
- Management reporting and comprehensive views of current business activity
- Flexible finance - a mixture of CAPEX and OPEX payments to suit the College
- Back-up connectivity
How can we help you?
Call our business specialists on 0330 024 2000