Published - 15 September 2021, UK
Healthcare: cloud-based phone systems for care homes
Upgrading your healthcare telephony solutions can help communication and service in care homes. Is it time to make the switch to a cloud-based phone system?
By Sonia Older
By its very nature, the care home sector faces tremendous pressures day-to-day to deliver the highest level of nurturing in a friendly and safe environment to a multiplicity of patients, often with complex needs. In such a fragile setting, care and nursing homes need to be served by a healthcare phone system that allows staff to go about their tasks, quickly, efficiently and armed with all the information they need.
Dealing with authorities, medical professionals, suppliers and residents’ families demands healthcare telephony that is agile, reliable and robust. A solution that improves systems and processes is key, but in such a fast-paced, around-the-clock environment, it can be a challenge for healthcare management to find the time to source the right technology that will serve them best and adhere to budget restraints.
Focus Group has extensive experience in this sector having worked with healthcare providers of all sizes over the years. To help you in your journey to find the most fitting healthcare phone system, we’ve detailed the options so you can be better informed about the technology available and how it can achieve the ultimate in unified communications.
Cloud-based phone systems Cloud-based phone systems are fast becoming an increasingly popular choice for organisations of all sizes and sectors, helping to transform the way firms communicate by hosting the whole telephone systems in a data centre in the cloud.
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) solutions mean employees can manage their calls anytime, anywhere and from any device, plus benefit from a whole host of call management features. For example, our Horizon cloud-based phone system boasts call-recording features, allowing healthcare providers to record calls and re-listen if they need to hear details about specific prescriptions or care requirements again. Speeding up the staff response too has obvious time saving benefits too; Horizon offers Voicemail to email services, enabling administrative staff to easily get information added to their database without the need to listen to all of the voicemails logged.
You are guaranteed reliable call quality, as well as call analysis function to enable healthcare providers to identify where processes and procedures can be improved. Plus, the cost and burden of system maintenance and upgrades is no longer a drain on resources – this is all done for you! We offer numerous options, including our Focus Horizon solution, which empower you to take your communications to another level.
The benefits of VoIP systems:
- Easy to control features – extensive range of call handling and management features
- One number anywhere! – integrate your fixed and mobile capabilities so you never miss a call again
- On-demand service with no hidden costs – only pay for what you need, no major hardware investments and no financing costs to consider
- Business continuity – being hosted in the cloud means no disruption to service
- Facilitates flexible working – hot-desking, home working and extending the service to mobile devices
- Number choice – total flexibility with the numbers you want to use
- Lower call costs – free site-to-site calls and cheaper call rates. Use with Focus mobile services and get free calls between fixed and mobile devices
- Upgrade when you need to – add Focus Collaborate to enjoy all the benefits of a unified communication solution
On-premise phone systems
On-premise phone systems remain a firm favourite among organisations who want to have their phone system located on their site of work. What’s great about this solution is that each business phone system we provide is fully compatible with cloud-hosted VoIP, so firms can still reap the rewards and benefits of all things cloud!
The benefits of an on-premise phone system for healthcare:
- Flexible and scalable – add sites as you need with full transparency, the solution grows with you
- Feature rich – identify who’s calling or add instant messaging and conferencing
- Ownership of hardware – no hidden extra costs, you know what you owe!
- Maintenance and updates – total management of use, operation and making changes to the system
Let’s talk about upgrading your phone system!
Pick up the phone and call 0330 024 2003 or REQUEST A CALL BACK to discuss your needs with our telecoms team who will have the perfect solution for your organisation. Whether you’re a small care home, charity or part of a larger network of residential homes – we can deliver a better service with lower costs.
And don’t just take our word for it! Click on the links below to hear from two of our most recent happy customers…
- SweetTree Home Care Services This organisation supports more than 8,000 people across London, living independently at home. Its aging telephone system was holding them back and was of no use to a rapidly expanding organisation. Focus Group worked with SweetTree to implement a new voice infrastructure that enables agile working and helps staff deliver a more responsive service!
- Carers First As a charity supporting adult and young carers, Carers FIRST needs to ensure it captures every call so that the people it supports can access the information, advice and guidance they need. Now, thanks to Focus Group, that’s exactly what happens!